Becoming an author is a great achievement.
Many people have a good story inside of them, but never think their story is worth publishing.
Back in 2011, I had my first novel published, A Journey Into The Mind of a Black Woman and it fulfilled a lifelong dream. I’m currently working on my second novel, Butterflies in Bronzeville and encourage others to take the plunge and write.
In addition to writing, I’ve been an avid reader. I’d like to invite those of you who enjoy my blog to take some time this summer and discover some great books.
Here’s my top 5:
- The Twelve Tribes of Hattie by Ayana Mathis
- Their Eyes Were Watching God by Zora Neale Thurston (classic)
- The Color of Hope by Kim Tate
- The House Girl by Tara Conklin
- The Souls of Black Folks by W.E.B Dubois (classic)
Books can change a life. A great book can inspire one’s mind. Grab one and take an adventure!